Monday, July 6, 2009

usually i go to the biggest show in idaho.

this year. i went to the biggest show in AMERICA.

sam had to work early, so i went with his boss's wife and her three boys to our wards pancake breakfast. 
after that we made our way to the fairfax parade. i love parades. (except) is it just me or have parades gone downhill? there are no decorated floats anymore and hardly any candy... just nice cars with magnets advertising businesses and political candidates. too bad. (i still love them)

this is sara and her littlest mikey. sara and doug have such a cute family!
tanner and jake waving at the fire truck! they were so excited! (makes me want one)... maybe later! :)
me and jakey
ok this had me laughing so hard. this "float" or "precession" or whatever it was, was for the library! they were dancing with the book carts.. maybe its just me but WOW.
we went to a bbq with some people in our ward! it was alot of fun and i even made a fourth of july fruit pizza! it was my first attempt but it turned out pretty good. ( a little doughy and sugary, but oh well)

we decided not to watch the fireworks at the actual mall, because he heard it was a zoo down there. so everyone in the office went up to a hill by the pentagon and watched from there! it was pretty cool because you could see the big show then tons of other fireworks going off all around too!
heres lots of the group.

sam and tanner. tanner just burned his finger on a sparkler. 
ok not the best pictures.. but heres some fireworks! you can see the washington monument right by them.
dc really doesnt mess around! they were crazy! it was like a finale the entire time!
me and miss pamela. she is originally from chile but has lived in dc since she was 17
we hope everyone had a great fourth of july weekend!

until next time
x0x0

3 comments:

stephani said...

the biggest show in idaho is a crock of crap. and im not lyin. i wish we could have been in dc with you guys instead!

Murdoch said...

What a great memory of the 4th! I'm glad you had a good time.

Megan

spencerandmolly said...

oh how fun. The fireworks here in cinci we're pretty amazing too. That is such a good idea. My sisters actually have started a pillow business and make some rockin flowers they sew on them. I so so so want to. Let me know when is good for you because I know you have family coming out. I want to really bad I just dont want to intrude. You're fourth of july fruit pizza was adorable! You deserve like wife of the year award.