OK this is a last minute post!!! TOMORROW is HALLOWEEN and sam and i still have no idea what we are going to be!?? ANY ideas! QUICK! save us!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
I saw this post on Both Taryn's and Erin's Blogs, so decided I might as well continue telling about the HIghlAnd Ram LEgacies...
High school Tag-
1. Did you date someone from your high school? KInda.. I dated JD Mower a little here and there... but thats about it.
2. What kind of car did you drive? The Gerbil! What a PRECIOUS! taryns blog tells you all about it. when i was a senior.. I won trashiest car with it! or BIGGEST JUNKER whatever it was!
3. Most embarrassing moment of high school? Well it acctually wasnt at school. I was working at Mrs. Powells a bakery in the mall... anyways I had to pee REALLY bad... but there was this Native American guy that couldnt make up his mind about what he wanted... about 5 minutes after he got there... i SNEEZED... WOOPS.. yep i peed a little.. then i just couldnt help it and it just FLOWED like Niagra! right then... 3 of my guy friends came up to me! I was devastated... luckily i scooted my way to the back room and grabbed another apron to tie around my backside until my mom could bring me some NEW undies and pants! :) oh man i said a couple of SWEARS.
4. Were you a party animal? WEll... my mom thought i was... she asked me if i did DRUGS... needless to say i stayed pretty darn sober..
5. Were you considered a flirt? I would have to say that i was pretty flirtatious..
6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? I was in choir my freshman year.. im really not much in talent when it comes to musical things.
7. Were you a nerd? NOt in the study alot kind of way
9. Did you get suspended/expelled? i think My parent thought i was the hellian... but i was the only one who never got in trouble... except when Sarah, Hillary, and me toliet papered the gas station bathroom on our way to STATE... ha woops.. we had garbage duty for a month. at least i wasnt a HAZER! :)
10. Can you still sing the fight song? "Highland were loyal to you. Highland we'll stand beside you. To the black and white were truuue HIghland we're true la la la"FRONT BACK KNEE BACK FRONT BACK KICK.. KNEE KICK... KNEE KICK not really just dance.
11. Who were your favorite teachers? I loved my math teacher DEBBIE DAVIES what a riot we had in her class. I also really like good old SKIPO... i dont know if he was my favorite though.. he just gave me a good grade for doing nothing.. OH and MRS HARWOOD what a LOONE!And Mrs Oaks i think her name is She was my junior english teacher
12. Where did you sit during lunch? We loved good OLe' NEw YOrk Burrito we ate there pretty much everyday!
13. What was your school's full name? Highland High School
14. School Mascot? Rams
15. Did you go to Homecoming and who with? WE loved the HArtmans, because I went with Jordan Hartman my Junior year... and Jesse.... something my senior year... i dont remember his name... :) ha
16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Highschool was great! I loved my friends and it was so easy going, but i love where i am in life now.. so its fun to look back, but i wouldnt do it again.
17. What do you remember most about graduation? Mostly the after party... ha and i had my picture on the FRONT PAGE of the newspaper while HITTING A BEACH BALL during a speech.. my parents were proud!
19. Were you in any clubs? Student government and SADD club. no honors society for me!
20. Have you gained weight since then? Its sad to say but.. yes any ideas on how to loose it now...
21. Who was your prom date? Soph. year Lucas Marchand, Jr. year Cody Rosen, Sr. year Taylor Ellis
22. Going to 10 year Reunion? Yeah it would be fun to see some of the people..
23. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? Dont wish it away so fast. and dont be so dramatic.. life was fun and really not that important then
Posted by sam and kyrsten at 2:47 PM
Thursday, October 16, 2008
I really just want to say I am so thankful for my life right now! I've wanted to post about conference for forever, but I just havent seemed to get around to it yet.-- every conference my family goes to Bear Lake to just relax and enjoy a little bit of spiritual bliss! :) its something i look forward to every 6 months. This time it was no different. I couldnt wait to get up to the beautiful mountains and glimmering lake! Let me just tell you it was beautiful! The leaves were every color you could imagine, it was amazing! For one I love the fall weather and I couldnt have been happier! Sam, Shag and I rode the four wheelers up the mountain and I was seriously in awe with how beautiful it was! Heavenly Father is seriously one cool guy for making the earth so awesome! Also I was seriously impressed with the Shag for how awesome of a four wheeler driver she is! she was doing all sorts of stuff that i was way to chicken to even think about! GO SHAG! Well, to go along with the whole conference part, I just felt so happy listening this time! I mean its always great, but there was just something about this conference. TO me, it felt like the entire theme of it was HOPE, FAITH, HAPPINESS! PRESSING ONWARD! it just seemed like all of the talks were uplifting. Letting us know that we are doing good! LIfe is good. With all the yuck that is going on in the world around us, it was so nice for me to have that reassuring comfort that if we are living our lives the way that we should, everything will be ok. Yeah we have trials every once in awhile, but Heavenly Father wants us to make the most of it! We need to show by our attitudes that we are enjoying the journey! Needless to say I loved it! It was really sad not having Taryn and Ryan there though! I cant wait to see you guys! That brings me to the next topic that I am so Thankful for... Thats family! What a great blessing to be brought up in such a strong close knit family. ON both sides-my mom and my dad's side. It is such a blessing to have grandparents that are so loving and have brought up their families in Christlike ways! I love it! I now have 2 great families! Sams family is so wonderful and they do so much for me! its so wonderful to know you married the RIGHT person! :) Because i DeFINATELY DID! Sam is so wonderful to me! He truly treats me like a PRINCESS! and I am so thankful for him! LIfe is seriously so wonderful. School and work are busy undeniably, but still I couldnt be happier with where I am right now. I enjoy my schooling, I really like my work, my house is always a mess... but im happy! Thats all that matters right?
PS Sam got me a new computer!!! YAY!!! I LOVE IT! ( it did not come with an Iphone...or the lamp) :)
this is just a picture i downloaded from the internet ill post one of my own soon
Posted by sam and kyrsten at 10:25 AM
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Posted by sam and kyrsten at 12:27 PM