Wednesday, July 15, 2009

a nice welcome

i received many wonderful traits from my mother. but there is one that most people (neighbors and husbands and myself) dont really appreciate.. its what i like to call "burnt cookie disorder". from what ive been told taryn has the same thing! it must be hereditary. 

with that said. ive definitely embraced my own (maybe yours too) home-aid style of baking... if i ever bring you cookies, you will know precisely how they were made!



with a little betty and a little crocker!

although they arent my own, anyone who eats them cant complain because they are much better than if they were!
i decided to welcome my family to some cookies, taco soup and a nice banner made from my beloved cricket!

welcome hansen family! we are so happy to have you here!

p.s. my mother-in law gave me the taco soup recipe. if you love taco soup you will love this one!
1 lb ground beef (browned)
1 medium onion chopped (limp)
1 16 oz can stewed or diced tomatoes
1 tbl chili powder
1 16 oz can kidney or black beans (with liquid)
1 1/2 cups water
1 8 oz tomato sauce
1 package taco seasoning
1 16 oz can corn (with liquid)

i usually just put mine in the crockpot for a couple of hours... so easy and DELISH DELISH DELISH!

2 comments:

stephani said...

mmm...im making taco soup tomorrow night :) you are too cute Kyr! I love you. Promise I have a blog post in the making...

Sean and Katelin Bringhurst said...

yummmy that looks so good!! By the way... love your family!