Monday, July 27, 2009

this n' that and in-between!

remember when my family came? i told you that we had to make a stop to unique! well we did. here are my purchases! i found a lot of other things while we were there, but had to contain myself. so here are the things i chose!

three little mason jars. i love them. i think they will be really cute in my kitchen or office.
69 cents
my super cute spoon holder. i love this little owl!
 i think i paid 99 cents... i might be wrong though!
some new pumps. love them and they are in great shape! 
$3
wooden bowls. i cant wait to show you what i am going to do with these babies! they are in the transformation process. 
49 cents each.
did i ever mention that my mom has an eye for everything. she is incredible. if you ever want advice on how to transform something ask her. the things that she sees and can come up with for what is seemingly the most useless junk is amazing!
and shag and i made another button headband. its pretty cute! my mom made a cute one too but i didnt get a picture!
the title for my post is true. i have a lot of randomness to talk about...

sam and i were asked to speak to the youth in our "fairfax ward" about dating yesterday. (i use quotations, because our records are still in pocatello, we only attend this ward temporarily.) 

anyhow, we were on a panel of couples answering all sorts of questions about every aspect of dating. it was actually quite fun, but it kind of took me by surprise.

when did i grow up enough to be speaking to the youth? arent i still a youth?

one of the couples decided to make a list of fun activities and dates that the kids could go on and some of them sounded like so much fun that i asked for a list so that sam and i and any of you could use them too! here are a couple that sounded the funnest!

- "sumo spoons"- buy really large clothes from a thrift store, stuff the clothes full of pillows and go to the park and play the game sppons. set the spoons several yards from where your playing cards so that you have to run after he spoons dressed as sumo wrestlers.
- homemade drive in movie. go get a bunch of scrap card board from different dumpsters. have a competition with the other couples of who can make the best mock vehicle to sit it. set up a projector outside and watch a movie in your creation. remember the popcorn!
-slip n slide. buy some paint plastic from home depot and make a slip n slide. have a picnic too!
- ice cream fight- make ice cream sculptures together and afterwards turn the fun into an ice cream fight.

those were just a couple that i thought sounded fun! its funny (at least for me) that when you are dating someone you are willing to put a lot of time, thought and effort into a date, but once you are married that effort doesnt seem as apparent. for sam and i, we usually catch a movie and go to dinner. but why do the thought out dates have to stop when you get married? these dates sound like a blast so i think our dating patterns are about to change! :) anyone care to join! we can definitely double! 

also last night when we got home i decided i wanted some cereal. (i really love honey bunches of oats with cut up bananas in it.) well sam told me to sit down and relax and he would get my cereal for me. 
when he brought it out he had cut one of the bananas into a heart! ha! it made me smile so big!
check out the picture below this one, because its hard to tell where its at!

also i was making some easy mac (i cant help that i eat so healthy) and used a styrofoam bowl... not the smartest idea~! please dont pay attention to how disgusting my microwave is. i promise i will clean it today!
another thing... i bought these beauties on sale at target the other day... im still wondering what i was thinking, but i couldnt get it out of my head how much i am going to LOVE them this winter! 
you know you want some! :)
thats it for what we will call my "monday madness". i just had lots of little things i wanted to share and decided i might as well share them all at once! i hope you had a great weekend!

until next time,
x0x0

7 comments:

Murdoch said...

I love looking at your thrift shop finds - I have quite a few myself, and I just love that they are cute and cheap! I just got a box of gloves from the 1950's - initially I was going to let Mikelle play dress-up with them, but I like them so much I am going to keep them!

Megan
murdmegan@hotmail.com

vanessa said...

oh, man I know what you mean about those Mrs. Powell's dreams. Not pleasant!! It's good to know I'm not alone in my novice cooking, I mean we can't all be Mrs. Powell, whoever she is.

what time does church start? is it still 9:00 am?

vanessa said...

oh by the way, cute cute cute cute cute unique finds. I'm excited for the wooden bowls project. and those pumps are way cute. :)

spencerandmolly said...

i love the moccasins. I have some like that, they were my grandmas ha. By the way, Sorry I missed your call, it was a crazy night! call me again if you get a chance.

Taryn said...

You are loco. But I still love ya!

Taig said...

have mattea embroidery something on the mocs. that would be tight.

Joni said...

kyrst, you know I taught you better to use real bowls in the microwave. That was the way I always cooked. You can't burn stuff as easy in the microwave. Cute finds, love the moccos and love your flower head bands. Hurry and finish the bowls and show them. Also the candle holders. You can use them as holders or put the plates on top. Love ya mom