Saturday, July 11, 2009

thrifting, crafting and joes.


first of all OH MY GOSH! i just stole this picture from my cousin jen's blog! they had a family talent show in island park this year for the fourth! my DAD DID NACHO LIBRE!! OH MY HECK I AM LAUGHING SO HARD! LOOK AT OLD SCOTTIE DAWG!
i just had to post that picture~! anyways... :)

im at it again. every thursday at unique is 25% off. my friend sara called and asked if i wanted to go... of course i did!
 and rob we will not have to rent a u-haul for the way home! we will squish!:)

i got some random fabric scraps! ive seen a lot of people make cute fabric flowers and little things like that so i decided why not give it a try!
you can never have enough buttons! i got a big bag of them for super cheap!
isnt this wooden box a beauty.. no not really! so i am sprucing it up and when it is finished it will hold all of my cards!
another dress. kind of hippy-ish but i really like it! it will be a fun flowing summer dress!

pottery barn lanterns! brand spankin new! 10 for a little less than $4 with the 25% discount. pottery barn was selling them for $25
a super cute new blouse!
here i am wearing it. those necklaces are thrift store finds from awhile back!
ok today i decided to do a few craft projects. you can see that ugly wooden box being transformed!
a headband and some of the buttons from the bag of buttons
walah!

i got these flowers at michaels for like 30 cents so i decided to make some baby headbands. we give these to the mothers in our ward when they have little girls! the regular headband one is for me though! 
this picture frame was originally black. i spray painted it and left it on the plastic bag i was using for protection. it stuck on the frame. needless to say it was a mess i almost just threw the frame away but tried some sanding and such and now i think it looks pretty cute. still a little messy but hey it works!
yes in the picture we are holding a shark! yikes! :)

sam has never been to joes crab shack before and it is one of my absolute favorite places to eat! so we took a date night on thursday and enjoyed some crab and coconut shrimp (my favorite). dont you hate when you leave your leftovers on the table! 
my eyes are buggin!


hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend.
much love

until next time 
x0x0

6 comments:

Ty and Em said...

I am jealous that you live by such an awesome thrift store!!! I love refurbishing things and making it your own! And yes, you really did miss out on nacho. I truly was in tears. I swear that is probably what started my contractions. Darn Nacho... such a cutie.

spencerandmolly said...

adorable stuff as always.. i think you and i are thrifin' fools.

Rob said...

Yep I'm pretty sure your going to need a uhaul. At first I was leaning towards one of the trailers, but now I'm thinking an 18 footer.

Taryn said...

What in the DAD??? I did not know that occured. Not suprised in the least, but that photo was a little shocking to see at 9 am on this Sabbath day. Love him. And you. See you soon!

Taig said...

cute headband.. make me one :) love it.. love you.

Unknown said...

AMAZING! Love all that cute stuff. Sweet dress too. The best part is what you do with it all, you got some kind of vision girl.