Wednesday, October 28, 2009

lifes little reminders.

sometimes i forget whats important in life.
ive been thinking a lot lately about where im at and what im doing. i know there are a ton of things that i need to work on, but i have also begun to understand that i need to rely on the Lord to help me. i cant do it all alone.

im grateful for a husband who is willing to help me with everything and loves me even if our house is messy and dinner never gets made.

ive had this quote on the sidebar of my blog for some time now, but i read it today for the first time in awhile and am thankful i did.

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someones garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."-Marjorie Hinckley

this is the attitude i want to have.
im working on it...

x0x0x

3 comments:

Jess Heather CK and Shay said...

that's a great quote! and our house is never clean and I never have dinner ready either! haha

stephani said...

I gave that quote to my young women last month during a lesson on service :)
I LOVE IT! You are so great Kyrsten!

Saunja said...

You're awesome.