Monday, October 26, 2009

Let the CounTDown BeGIN!!!

(this post was done by Stephanie Flower on the Tin Thimble)

Our craft for November is SO CUTE! Since our craft night is set for the week before Thanksgiving, we see this as a good opportunity to make a CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN!!

THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE:





We are ordering these in kits from the fabulous Windmill Lettering, so thank you to Emily Ward who directed Me to this blog! {pictures also courtesy of Windmill}

These consist of two blocks that measure 3.5" x 3.5" and sit on a 8" x 5" board. They are super fun and cute and who doesn't need more Christmas decor in their home?

Oh yeah, and...if you are more of a Halloween person, they also have CUUUUTE Halloween countdowns available, and you're welcome to order one of those, even though you'll have to wait until NEXT YEAR to display it : )

The kits are quite cheap. However, shipping is not so cheap.
So...the cost for this month is going to be $15.00.
It is a little higher than we would like, but just keep in mind...you'd probably pay $20 to $25 if you did this for a Super Saturday or something with your ward. One of the last crafts I did with my ward was about this same size and I paid $25! Seriously, $15 sounds like a good deal to me!

The kit will include: wood blocks, vinyl, scrapbook paper to cover 6 sides of each block, and instructions. (that means we will bring our own paint, glue, mod podge, etc.)

HOWEVER, if any of you know anyone who would CUT OUR WOOD FOR US and save us a little money, please email me immediately and I will get the dimensions. This would save us a ton on shipping costs and knock the fee down to $10 at the most (because we would still have to buy the wood).


NOW HERE'S THE CATCH:
Because they are so amazing and everyone loves them so much, Windmill is a little backed up on orders until November 1st. THEREFORE, I will need to know if you are interested, and I WILL NEED YOUR PAYMENT by MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2009 at the very latest! I know that only gives you a week, and I'm sorry, but in order to have our supplies by the 19th, we have to have our order in by the 3rd! 



RECAP:
Craft Night: November 19, 2009 7:00 p.m.
Craft: AMAZING Christmas Countdown
Fee: $15.00 needed by MONDAY NOVEMBER 2ND!

Please email Stephanie @ 
thetinthimble@gmail.com
 or leave a comment and let me know if you will be joining us! HURRY!


PS. This month, it seemed like everyone pretty much brought some kind of treat. Let's do that again, it worked out pretty nicely. Anyone who is willing can bring a small treat to share! This way we wont charge extra for treats either.

It should be a TON of fun! so please let us know if you are coming. Also if you would like to be invited to the Tin Thimble blog let me know!

x0x0

3 comments:

Ty and Em said...

Hey Kyrst, I would like to be invited to the tin thimble. AND, I would like to make this countdown. I think I want to order a Christmas AND a Halloween. Might as well plan ahead for next year when I have my own house (fingers crossed), right? Haha. I'll get you the money ASAP! Love ya!

stephani said...

yo Kyr! I also added to that post the stuff you and I talked about yesterday... that we won't buy for anyone who isn't actually COMING, and that we have to limit 2 per person (but that they could go and order their own if they wanted more but we want to make sure they can fill our order on time)
You rock man. This will be fun!

Camie and Beau said...

Hey it's camie! I definitely will be there and I would like to make 2 I think...hope I have enough time! I will get my check to Steph tomorrow at Mutual is that ok? Also, do we each need to bring modge podge, paint, etc. or is that part of the fee? Let me know.