Thursday, October 15, 2009

fun in the sun (and by fun i mean a FLIPPIN' BLAST)

well we went to hawaii last thursday. it was amazing. i felt so unprepared because we didnt plan anything-no plane tickets, no hotel, no activities, nothing. we didnt even find out when we were leaving until tuesday. but im not gonna lie i liked it that way! it was so relaxing to just go and enjoy ourselves.

for those of you who dont know, the reason we went is because of sams work. they take the top ten salesmen on a trip each year, and we were fortunate enough to get to go.

wow. all i can say is if anyone is thinking about doing summer sales, these are the guys to go with. i know there are a ton of great companies out there, but these guys really are awesome!

our trip was short but it was incredible! it was my first time and sams second going to hawaii and ill i could keep saying was you WILL do your masters program here. i want to live there so badly!

there were 18 of us who went and everyone there was awesome. we had tons of fun! we stayed in an 8 bedroom 5 bathroom beach house!



here we are getting SUPER excited about going to hawaii!
yes they rented 5 convertibles for us to use. 
one of the fridges loaded with drinks



this is me sam and one of our bosses doug doing back flips off a rock at waimea beach
most of the group

body surfing!
the famous shaved ice. yep it was delish!
the sunsets were so beautiful on the beach every night

we went to the pcc. lots of fun! it was a cool show!
all of our group! two of them sold with us this summer and are going to school at byu-hawaii so they just met up with us one night
me and kari with our hawaiian flowers
here we are in one of the submarines or ships or something at pearl harbor
this is the uss arizona memorial. it was beautiful

sammy playing the ukulele at the swap meet.


see beautiful sunsets.

the bosses rented surf boards and boogie boards for us to play on


vanilla plant

all the girls. from top left- nicole, heather, sarah, melissa, kari, lisa, sara, me
the temple. it is so beautiful. they are remodeling it so we didnt get to do a session.

it was an incredible trip. like i said it went so fast but it was so nice to take a little break from life and enjoy the sun! 

thank you homeshield! you guys are awesome!



it was shags last volleyball game tonight. they played poky. she is awesome. i like this picture because you can see her true cheerleading self coming out! :) ha so funny


also we had a sewing group last night and i sewed my first burp rags. kinda bad-but i had cute fabric and it was my first attempt so i dont care! :)

also ive been doing a little thrifing lately. i got this cute jcrew top at the di. love it

also i got this cute table cloth. i think i might transform it into something else though. (its never been used)

a new apron. 

and craft night was a lot of fun! there werent a ton of us there but it turned out great!
here are some of the bows i made.

i hope everyone is having a good week!

until next time,
x0x0

10 comments:

Saunja said...

Okay, it looks like you had SUCH a GREAT time in Hawaii! I'm so excited for you. We've taken a picture at Matsumoto's shaved ice standing right under the sign just like you two! But those back flips off the cliff at Waimea? Wow. You are brave. So glad you had such a blast! Beautiful pictures.

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

I am MUCHO jealous! I love hawaii. I am so glad that you guys got to go and it looks like you had a ton of fun! I love your bows that you made at the craft night too! Way fun!

Jess Heather CK and Shay said...

I love your pics! especially the one of your backflips!! I might just have to steal a few :) We need to get that website together so everyone can put up their pics!

Stacey said...

Looks like you guys had a good time! I am super jealous! Scott never got anything like that from APX! And, I love your thrifty deals, those are the best!!!

Taryn said...

Oh my it looks like you had sooo much fun! I love all your pics. You got some really good ones thanks to your nice new picture taker! And I am sure you have a ton more! I think we ALL need to go back and put my cute (because I know she is going to be) baby girl in a little swimsuit and play in the ocean! And thanks for making her those hairbows :) You are just so sweet! Love you!

Unknown said...

oh I have so many comments about this blog...firstly it looks like your trip was amazing! you are one crazy mamma doing a back flips off that-on our trip there was a smaller rock and I was scared to even jump- i did but it took a lot of encouragement what a baby I am! So props on that... Take the picture of the shaved ice off because oh my heck that stuff is so amazing and i want some NOW!! It was so weird how good it was...addicting for sure. Well that being said I guess we all better plan a trip back together so you can help me conquer fears and we can eat some freakin' shaved ice! ps... all your thrift finds-so cute! love you~

Melissa said...

Oh I miss the ocean already and I miss you guys already too!! Let's go back..ok...ok...and your thrift finds? really, I love them all!

Cardon Family said...

Okay.....all those pictures made me sad that we aren't still there! It was such a blast! I wish we lived closer to you guys so we could hang out more often! Love you guys!....See you soon....maybe...:)...you know:)

Unknown said...

Hey! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! You and your husband are such world travelers! Hope you are doing well! Congrats on going to be an aunt too, how exciting!
-Maren

Liz said...

Those are beautiful sunsets! I am jealous! Those are also very cute bows ;) Good work!