Friday, March 25, 2011

welcome to our home.

when sam and i moved into this apartment we decided it would be best not to bring everything we own. not only because we wont be here for very long, but once it is time to move sam will be in virginia and lets face it we are slacking in the men department for a big move.

Even without everything we own, it can be hard to make your home look like its out of a pottery barn magazine without paying a lot of money.

my house is NOTHING like a pottery barn magazine, but i can say i feel comfortable here. and im happy with it. for now... thank you di, ikea, my mom and my grandparents for supplying us with basically our entire house :)

this is our fridge. :) do you like our weed smokin' mon? every place we visit we buy a magnet, this one is from the bahamas. the pirate was drawn by my awesome nephew, the photo taken by my brother in law, and the rose from valentines day.... except you cant see it.
welcome to our kitchen. yes the counter top is dirty and on the other side of that microwave stands a massive pile of dishes.
enter living room. above is the heart poster i made for sam for valentines day. he was thrilled.
we have a lovely fireplace. but it doesnt work and it blows freezing air throughout our house, therefore we have dishtowels and plastic trying to stop it. also in this photo is the lovely entertainment center sam built us.
the angle from the stairs.

our bedroom.
it has a long way to go. just like the rest of the house.

the office.

and that is a small tour of our little abode. thanks for stopping by.
{sorry the pictures stink}

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say, your two chairs look so cute! It's always nice to get settled in and making it feel like home...even if it's temporary!

Nicole, Ryan & Jett Wilder said...

I think your place looks cute! Are you excited for the move to VA? LONG DRIVE haha...I miss VA!
I'm so glad I got to see you two a few weeks ago.
P.S. I enjoy reading all the memories about your father. He sounds like he was a great person/dad to you!
Hope your summer is great! Hope to see you again in the future but for now I'll just stalk your blog haha :)
Take care!

Stacey said...

Love it. Come do my house!!!

Joey and Kandace said...

Okay lets be honest!! Your house is adorable! Every picture I was like "oh thats so cute!" Im pretty impressed!

Sean and Katelin Bringhurst said...

are you even kidding me? cutest house ever!! I love the chairs and rug by the stairs! good job girl

Lindsey Chadwick said...

so I don't think I've left a comment on here before, but I pretty much stalk your blog all the time! :) Your house is adorable!!

Jess Heather CK and Shay said...

I LOVE your house! Wish I could have seen it in person though......mayyyyybe if someone had answered her phone!! hahaha..seriously such a funny story now isn't it?? I love your face! You have amazing decorating style just like your Mom! Pleaaaase share some with me