Monday, March 14, 2011

the reason i flip that commercial off.



thursday is my dads 50th birthday.
wow. that is so young.
i would have loved to throw him a party all about how "old" he was.
my dad had the best sense of humor. oh man.
he could always make me laugh. either by something that was actually funny or something that wasnt at all, but he thought it was.
once he made you laugh, he would keep going. on and on.
most of everything he said made no sense at all. which was hilarious.

he had the best chris farley impression.
he had a great nacho impression too.
he would always move his mouth like hardy har har if he thought what you were saying was stupid. (probably makes no sense)
he loved to pop your toes. and toot.
he really had a good voice but every time he sang it would be terrible.
he would do anything for a good laugh.

what a cutie. this week i will post something that i absolutely love about my dad everyday.

i love you dad.
happy birthday. i hope you're having a wild party.







3 comments:

Taryn said...

Dang you! For not only making me cry, but putting that rad pic of me up. I am glad I am just barely visible in the corner throwing up the hang loose sign. And my glasses. Oh dear.

Ugh. I miss him a lot, a lot. I have no idea what I am suppossed to do on Thursday.

Melissa said...

I love this idea! It's always so hard around special dates like birthdays because they are on your mind even more than usual, but what a good way to put a positive spin on it and remember the happy things!

P.S. I can't tell you how much I love that pic of you resting on your dad. It's just precious. You look like best buds! And you were the cutest little kid ever! No wonder you're so beautiful now :) Love ya!

Brandon and Brianne said...

I miss him to, I will probably join you on your journey of saying something I loved about him... Still one of my MOST favorite memories of your dad was when he walked in your kitchen and we were talking about our "boyfriends" and I remember thinking will he be mad at this when all the sudden he busted out his best rendition of "so this is love" it made us all laugh and just feel loved by a sweet dad!