Tuesday, March 17, 2009

happy birthday you little cutie

Dad I love you. Happy birthday you little oldie! You are wonderful





My dad is an amazing man! sure we've had our differences (or similarities because we are the exact same person just with opposing opinions) but i love him! He is so funny... or at least he thinks he is! :) there are so many things about him that make me smile. Dad your a trooper and im so glad to be your daughter.


My dad has always had a fun way of intimidating us for suprises....  
ex: when we were younger he told us that we were in huge trouble and that we had better go down stairs and clean the bathroom... so we did. we were really upset that he was so mad at us but when we opened the bathroom door there was a little puppy waiting for us! :) RIP chancey! my dad did this frequently whether it was with the nintendo in the back of the van or the harlem globe trotters, he found some way of making us think we were in trouble.. but really we always got a good surprise!

My dad is a very hard worker. He has held teaching, coaching, church callings, and lawn mowing jobs all at once. He is always working hard to give our family everything we need.... or want :)

My dad is a very caring, honest and sincere person. there is no gray with him.. its either white or black. he knows whats right and he does it. and expects his kids to do the same. 

He taught me how to be a hard worker (im kind of falling out of that habit) and has made me a stronger person. I will forever love him for being him!

For those of you that are wondering.. my dad is doing great. He is continuing to teach school and coach girls basketball. They had a wonderful season this year being undefeated in the regular season and going on to state. although the end result wasnt what they had hoped for they still had an awesome year.

He is still on treatments and has been for 2 1/2 years now. It is amazing how positive and strong he has been throughout this whole experience. although i know he is in pain.. i never hear him complain. He is holding strong and doing great. 

I love you dad. Your the greatest.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I love your dad too! What a great teacher and example he is! He has made a postive impact on SO many lives, including mine. Happy Birthday Scott!

Taryn said...

Love you dad!!

Becky said...

Your dad is the greatest! I love that man. He has made a difference in so many lives including my own. Tell he Happy Birthday!

The Larsons said...

Happy Birthday SCOTT!!! Your Dad is an amazing person and you are just like him!

Crista said...

Happy Birthday Scott! We love you! Is that scar really from a shark bite??? :)

WeBeR FaM said...

That was such a cute post it made me cry! Your dad is so amazing! He is such an awesome guy! I'm glad to hear he is doing good! Tell him Happy Birthday~!

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear he is doing well. How did the durgery go? Grandma Shana told me that it was today...you and your family are always in our thoughts and prayers! You are right, he is such a trooper and has such an amazingly positive outlook on life. When we were up there visiting this summer he just amazed me! Love you all!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

KYRST!!! That was so sweet! you must be the best daughter ever!! I love your dad too... what a sweet man!! Im glad to hear he is doing so good!