Tuesday, April 14, 2009

a new chapter.

Quote from President Spencer W. Kimball:  Let me enumerate some of these blessings, pronounced upon the (Relief) Society by the Prophet Joseph Smith:

1. This society, a society of sisters, is organized “according to your natures. … You are now placed in a situation in which you can act according to those sympathies which God has planted in your bosoms.” (HC,4:605.)

2. “If this Society listen to the counsel of the Almighty, through the heads of the Church, they shall have power to command queens in their midst.” (HC, 4:605.)

3. “If you live up to your privileges, the angels cannot be restrained from being your associates.” (HC, 4:605.)

4. “Knowledge and intelligence shall flow down from this time henceforth.” (HC, 4:607.)

5. “This Society shall rejoice.” (HC, 4:607.)


My heart is full as I begin a new chapter in my life. Sunday I was sustained as the new Relief Society President in my ward. What an overwhelming responsibility to be given. However, I know that the Lord has called me for a purpose and I am ever grateful to accomplish whatever that purpose may be. 
I have always been thankful for the Relief Society and the leadership that has been in all of my wards. I know that Heavenly Father gives inspiration to those called to serve Him and His purposes. I'm so thankful for my previous Relief Society President who has set such a wonderful example for me to follow.
I'm scared. I admit it. But I know that if I rely on the Lord and the Spirit, I can serve Him diligently and meaningfully. 
Many of you may wonder (like I did) why I would be called to this position if I am moving in less than a month... Well my bishop advised me on the importance of good counselors that can and will take over some of my responsibilities while I am gone for 3 months. I am so excited to serve with these sisters and I know they will do a wonderful job!
If any of you have advice, I am fully willing and ready to listen to it. I love the sisters in my ward and cannot wait to serve them.

9 comments:

Brad, Charlsie and Our Little Monkey said...

How exciting, good luck that's a lot of responsibility. You'll do great.

Liz said...

Wow! That's great. I was called as a primary president when I was 21 and had no children. Somehow the Lord knows what you need at the time. I am confident you will be a great president, you have all the right tools to do great things! Good luck!

HARKER FAMILY said...

you will do great I am only 24 and I have been in 5 presidencys and although it seems scary and stressful at times, everything just seems to find a way of working out. good luck!

Heather and Eric said...

You'll do GREAT Im sure! Let me know if i can help ya out in anyways :)

Kasi Lee said...

I am so excited for you! You will be a wonderful President! Are you still in the 6th ward?

Tresa & Norman said...

This is exciting news. We love you and I am so proud to think our Granddaughter has been chosen to such an important calling. You will make a wonderful president because you care about everyone. You have had great examples in your life so you will be blessed. Grandpa & Grandma

Melissa said...

I can't imagine anyone being surprised but you. You've always been such a natural leader and an inspiring person. I know you will do great in that calling and will change lives including your own! Now I just wish I was in your Relief Society :)

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

Congrats on the calling! You will be great!

Taig said...

oh yay sister :]
you'll do amazing! love you.

i like your top picture :] it's tender.