Wednesday, June 1, 2011

let the game begin.

over the past few years i have slowly let my life and my body get out of control.


there have been a few times that i have made the effort to try and loose weight, but i never truly gave it my all.

being in a swimsuit everyday sure changes the way you feel about how you look.

i have been looking at pictures and at my lifestyle wondering how i allowed it to get so unhealthy.

im not obese. but im bigger than ive ever been and its uncomfortable. im not happy with the way i look or the way i feel, so i have made the decision to CHANGE.

over the past few months my mom took part in an 8 week challenge. it not only focused on how she ate, but her exercise, her sleep habits, and an overall healthy lifestyle. she did it. and she succeeded. in 8 weeks my mom lost 25 pounds and she looks like a BOMBSHELL! seriously she is a hottie! in fact for a girls camp activity she and the other stake young women leaders have to wear prom dresses- i just got a picture via my cell phone of my mom in a prom dress taryn wore in high school! WHAT??? that is skinny!

anyways... tomorrow is the day i start this journey. want to know the rules? they seem simple enough.

i have altered some of the rules according to myself and my timeframe.

-you get one free day a week where you can break all the rules! :)
-eat 1800 (or less) calories a day
- no sugar. no white sugar or honey
-exercise at least an hour a day
-get at least 7 hours of sleep a night
-drink at least 3 liters of water a day
-for the 8 weeks, take one bad habit and drop it for a good habit.
-list 100 things you are grateful for each day- keep a gratitude journal


the rules seem pretty simple, and i think they will help refresh all aspects of my life.

im excited! wish me luck!

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Cool challenge! I love setting goals and meeting them. It's the best feeling! Best of luck. You can totally do it!

Stacey said...

Good luck! I think I'll join the band wagon! Thanks for the inspiration!

Cason and Katie Jo Chambers said...

Just a note from an admirer... GOOD LUCK!! I too am in need of a few lifestyle changes-thanks for the motivation. Goals are great! I hope you do well!

Janet said...

That sounds like a great plan! Good luck and thanks for the inspiration. :)

Nicole, Ryan & Jett Wilder said...

Good luck! I find that once I can go a full week it is easy to continue because I feel so proud of myself for sticking with my goal and I dont want to take any steps backwards! Keep us updated on how it goes!

Dani Em said...

Oh my heck I know how you feel!! nothing like a good fat picture to give you some motivation! I finally started really losing weight and then i got pregnant again! haha either way you are absolutely gorgeous, good luck!!

Taryn said...

You can do it! The little things really do add up!

Saunja said...

Good luck! You can do it! :) And yes, your Mom looks fantastic. We are so excited to wear those prom dresses!! haha, we're going to be so hot! lol

Joel & Alli said...

I love this! I am totally going to try and do it...starting next week haha thanks for sharing! :) and good luck!

Brandon and Brianne said...

yes!! we got this girl!!! I like the rules its really similar to what I have been trying!! Except I love the idea of writing down what you're grateful for! call me if you need some support! and when we are all SMOKIN HOT at the end of the summer we shall plan a trip to reward ourselves...deal?!?! :) love you!

Jess Heather CK and Shay said...

You are amazing and beautiful and I know you can do this :)

Rachel said...

Kyrst!

I so want to do this. I have done the same thing to myself and I just want to get back to a healthy weight and way of life. These are simple rules and they are awesome! Good luck to you!