Thursday, December 30, 2010

check it out baby.

when my nephew was little and thought something was worthy of our attention he would say...

"check it out baby!"

one day after he had said that phrase i said, "gabe, where did you learn that?"

he answered... "from your dad kyrsten!"

he had never met my dad.

i couldnt stop laughing at his response. this phrase is regularly used in the geddes household now.

now i want you to look at something that is worthy of your attention!

CHECK IT OUT BABY!

before.


after.

arent you so in love with these beauties? i am. and the best part. the grand total of both chairs completely refinished was 12 dollars!!!

chairs- free... sold at the di for 5 dollars each... neighbor bought them and gave them to my mom who in turn gave them to me!

fabric- pretty much free at this point... i bought it before sam and i got married to make a bedspread but it never happened... a lot like many of the projects i plan to do.

primer and paint- 2 cans of each. total 12 dollars!

im in love. and they are going in our new apartment which we just so happen to move into on saturday.

happy.
sad.
terrified.
excited.
all words to describe how im feeling at this point.

x0x0

{sorry the pictures are no bueno... someday i will get better ones. like when they are in their proper place}

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! I wish I could be crafty like you!!

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

Cute! Good luck with the move. So excited for you and your new job. luvz.

Brandon and Brianne said...

ADORABLE! Please decorate for my house! I am so excited for your new adventure you are going to do an amazing job! Hope you had a great christmas and have a happy new year! i love yoU!

Taryn said...

Looks like you are getting some of that painting done! You are going to do amazing. Have moving into your OWN home tomorrow!

Megan said...

Ok I am also in LOVE with those chairs!! So cute!

Joel & Alli said...

oh my word I love these!!! great colors :)

Tresa & Norman said...

Hey Sweetie!!! You gals simply amaze me. How talented are you????Beautiful job. Would love to see your new spot. Good luck and we love you both a bunch. Grandma & Grandpa.

spencerandmolly said...

so cute!

JULIE said...

you are really talented. i love the choice of colors too. cute x 10!!!
julie

Kourtney and Benjamin said...

You simply amaze me <3