Sunday, December 5, 2010

grief.

grief is a strange and funny thing.
every person deals with it in a different way.
some cry. some get angry. some sulk. some move forward quickly. some laugh.
for me, its the latter.
dont get me wrong i do all of the above. but for the most part i laugh.
laughing and making fun of something that for most people would be impossible if not irreverent to do is how i deal with "things".
always have. and really i hope i always will.

i guess i like to make things awkward for all parties. im becoming pretty good at it.


my mom is redoing my little brothers room right now. the theme is cowboys.
she has pictures of both of my grandpas and my great grandpa in their cowboy garb.
she searched for one of my dad, but couldnt find one anywhere.
thats where i come in.
she is hanging large canvases above the bed and wanted a picture of each of these men.
so i used the limited photoshop skills i have to make this...


alright lets be honest its just way to weird. we both decided hanging this picture wasnt a good idea.
but we couldnt let the awesome photoshop skills go to waste.
so i made these little "Howdy from Heaven" pictures to give to our family.
we went to Texas Roadhouse last night to celebrate my dad's parents 60th wedding anniversary. {WAY TO GO GRANDMA AND GRANDPA! love you!}
it was the perfect time for their howdy surprise!
everyone laughed. a few cried. but really its just strange.
my dads face in this picture is from a photo taken about 3 years ago. but the hair and that awesome necklace make him look soo young.
hilarious to me.
probably awkward for everyone else.
just the way i like it.
x0x0


2 comments:

Melissa said...

You're too awesome for your own good. I'm so glad you can laugh through your trials. I think that's a great trait. I'm much more of a cryer. And I love your photoshopping. He really does look young. And happy of course, like I always remember him :)

Taig said...

AWKWARD :) hahaha

Love you lots. Glad I have you for eternity :)