Saturday, September 18, 2010

these are a few of my favorite things...

{When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad}

i guess if you cant tell by my last -oh i dont know- 10 posts, ive been feeling a little down lately.
i know i shouldnt complain, but sometimes you just arent feeling like you want to skip up and down the streets while shouting for joy.
instead you feel like laying in bed. all day.
life really is good. sometimes crappy things happen, but i know its important to look for the good in things.
im realizing that more now than ever. sure, i have a good reason to mope around feeling sorry for myself, but i cant tell you how many times before my dad died how much he stressed to us as a family how important it is for us not to have a pity party.
so really, ive been trying not to.
thus, although vain, i figured it wouldnt hurt today to look around our little 'suite' to find a few of my current favorite things.
make things lighter.
and make me sing like i am in the sound of music all day long.
this song really sticks in your head doesnt it?

in no particular order some of the stuff that rocks my socks right now.


i love these storage boxes. they will look darling in my living room... someday. i have a killer green couch. its actually almost my favorite item we own.
my uncle lance built these beautiful frames for my cousin andreas wedding. lucky me, my birthday was right after so i got one for a birthday gift. i love it. the piece of art going in it is just a beautiful and fits perfectly!
we went to park city a few weekends ago for one last hoorah with jacer. they had lots of awesome stuff at the farmers market. this was one of my purchases. its painted on papyrus.
this is the absolute, most special thing to me. this necklace is of my dads thumb print. i love it. i wear it everyday. next to my wedding ring its the most priceless thing i own.
my dear friend katie had this necklace made for me. it is so lovely. for those of you who werent at my dads funeral, 'because nice matters' has been our family theme for the past few years. the theme of my dads funeral was pretty much based on this phrase. it is very special to me and i am so blessed to have such amazing friends.

i absolutely love milk glass. i dont know what it is, but i have been having a frenzy with it the past few months. anything i see that is milk glass i want. so awhile back i bought me this pair of candle sticks at pocatellos wildhare flea market frenzy!

man o man do i love these shoes. sam bought me them for my birthday. dont worry i wear them with everything... including dresses. its pretty bad. ok really bad and unacceptable. but i love them.
i have had this for a long time. its something we didnt actually have in storage, so its hanging in our bedroom. The Family Proclamation is such a beautiful explanation of truly how important the family unit is.
a dishwasher. oh i love this beauty. it is so nice to not hand wash every dish used.
and a panini maker. yes i think we use it at least 5 times a week for lunch.
muy bueno!
ps. im trying to loose a substantial amount of weight.
sam and i have a bet with my cousin and her husband.
THEY ARE GOING DOWN!
but...please help me. ive learned self control isnt my strongest suit!
i havent had a mountain dew- or any soda for that matter in 3 weeks... thats good right?

x0x0

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your list! Especially the necklaces, so special. I don't think I could live without a dishwasher either!

Melissa said...

That's some awesome stuff! I love the necklace of your dad's thumbprint. It's beautiful for one thing and it has deep meaning. How were you able to make that into a necklace?

Bradley and Nicole said...

I love your list I think we should all do that once in awhile! Oh Tig Im so proud of you on not drinking mountain dew....its so hard I know! After I had Carson I had to quit to help me get the weight off! It sucks I know! Oh how I miss that sweet nectar! Love ya girl!

Heidi Tanner said...

We would love to see you when you come out. Let us know, and maybe we can go and get some ice cream, or go to the zoo. My sister is coming out at the end of October, so she'll bring anything from home, but thanks for the offer. Give me a call when you come
(2083903954).