Monday, September 13, 2010

hansens love Jesus.

jace has been gone for a week and a half now. our house seems a little quieter than usual. but i am so proud of him. i am so happy that he is doing something that he has looked forward to his whole life. he is an amazing missionary already. i know it.

on our way to the mtc we decided to stop off at my dads grave and have a little breakfast picnic. we had all things scottie. chocolate donuts and pink milk
(have i mentioned i dont really like pink milk? come on scottie!)

the cemetery has yet to put sod over his grave and we havent picked out a headstone yet for the fella, but it is still beautiful. he is right next to the flag pole and by a big, huge tree. im sure he would love it there.

of course we had to share with him. :) he did love it.

after a brisk morning picnic we moved along on our journey to the mtc. jace was so funny (or obnoxious) im not sure which. he was so excited to get there. he kept asking sam if he would drive faster and once in provo- with 2 hours to go- he asked if we would just take him then! we wouldnt allow it!

so instead we did what all missionary families taking their missionaries to the mtc do. we took pictures by the temple.

so excited.
jas and me. i love him. we are a little too much alike sometimes.
my cousin landon introduced us to a greeting. we call it the traditional family greeting now. it is used quite often when saying hello or goodbye.

wish we had everyone in the family with us.

we are so proud of you elder hansen.
here he is in all of his glory. elder jace hansen. remember when i said we are too much alike sometimes?... i take it back. :)
these are our spanish ctr rings. in spanish it is hlj... so we interpret it as hansens love Jesus. my dad was buried with one on his right pinky too.
the curbside drop off. its like taking someone to the airport. it happens so fast!
the tie jace is wearing is called the special occasion tie. every boy in our family has one- cousins, uncles, grandpas. they are worn at anything important or special to someone.
my dad was also buried with one of these in his casket.


no tears were shed this day. we are all too excited for him to fulfill something so important. he has a great work to do and i know he will work his hardest to be successful.
our family is so blessed. i can honestly say that although things are a lot different in our lives, we continue to see the Lords hand in all that we do. i have found so much comfort and peace in knowing that my Savior understands me and knows me personally. this life is not the end. and now jace has the opportunity to go teach the people of bolivia from first hand experience about the plan of salvation. families will be together forever. and i am so thankful for a testimony of that truth.
we will miss you while your gone elder hansen but we will see you soon.
we will miss you while your gone dad but we will see you soon.

x0x0

8 comments:

Erin_C said...

beautiful post, kyrsten. love to you and your wonderful fam!

MyrLynn said...

I need to stop reading your blog...it makes me cry! Not because it is sad, but because it is THAT good! MTCs are not my favorite, bawled for days after Trent left, wouldn't even go when Devin left. Glad there were no tears, it was good to see all the "happy pictures"

Jeremy and Ruth said...

Such a great post!! your family is soo sweet!! I love the 1st pic, it could win an award..... and make me cry! :)

Melissa said...

I can't believe you didn't shed any tears. I'm totally crying right now after reading your post. I'm so sure Jace will be an amazing missionary! I love that you shared pink milk with your dad and I also like your traditional family greeting. Your family is so cool!

Taryn said...

Well...this is the first I am seeing these. And I am bawling. Ugh. I love him. I am so proud of him. It looks like it was almost perfect, except for the missing pieces :) Thanks for including us (and dad) We love you so much and miss you guys. Come visit. We girls have to stick together now :)

vanessa said...

I've never met your brother, but can I call dibs on him as a future little brother-in-law? pretty sure he's the cutest thing in the world.

A said...

What a cute post. Your family does so many cute things.

Saunja said...

I was thinking about you all on MTC day. Looks like it went well. Cute little picnic.

Oh, and I met Dodger the other night :)