Tuesday, August 31, 2010

a mission. a blessing.

{the day jace got his mission call}

today is a hard day. jace leaves for his mission tomorrow. oh what a beautiful blessing that is. but im feeling overwhelmed. im feeling sad. life will seem so different without a brother or a dad around.

jace is doing something so good. something that can only bring happiness and peace to our family and to myself.

my dad is going to be serving with him. i know he will be. they will be companions. and that is sooo very comforting to me.

i know my dad is on a special mission. and i know jace has been called to go on a special mission himself. there is a reason he has been called to that very place at this very time. there is also a reason that my dad passed away when he did.

he has been helping to prepare the hearts of the bolivian people so that jace can teach them and show them his testimony of the Savior and of the plan of salvation.

my heart has so many emotions that i cant understand. but i do know with all my heart that Heavenly Father loves me. the message that jace is going to teach is true. i am more sure of it then i have ever been before. families are eternal and i am so thankful to truly believe that. it is helping me get through this incredible trial. this trial that has taught me gratitude, happiness, sadness, understanding and ultimately that my Savior did die for me. he knows me and loves me. he is helping me daily. helping me to understand and helping me to be happy.

i am happy. i am sad. i am so many emotions. but really i am grateful.

i am so proud of jace. so proud that although dealing with all of his own emotions and sadness, he is still willing to put the Lord first and go out and serve our Heavenly Father and the bolivian people.

i am blessed. we all are.

x0x0

8 comments:

Brandon and Brianne said...

Such an amazing kid your brother is... its crazy to think he will be like a man when he returns. I wish him well, he and your dad will be such as blessing to all those in Bolivia- just like you all have been in my life! I love you guys!

ps... my brother leaves to move to Seattle tomorrow just like you I am happy and sad about it. I think its the right thing for him to do and will be good for him- but I will miss that guy.

Call me anytime- I am always here for you!!

stephani said...

sweet post kyrsten. what a blessing jace's mission will be to you and your mom and sisters. missionaries bring so many blessings to their families simply by serving. his absence will essentially be a comfort to you all. what a strong young man. he is going to be amazing. he has has the best examples all around him his whole life.
you are wonderful kyrsten. you are always on my mind and in my prayers and i want ya to know how much i love you. your daddy is so proud of who you are, i am so sure of that. i love ya. please call me if you need an hour away from life..we will get jambas :)

MyrLynn said...

I will be thinking of you and your family tomorrow. I remember all to well the breakdowns I would have when my brothers left. It for sure will be an emotional time..I can't begin to imagine emotions you are dealing with. The Lord will be with you all, I know it!

Saunja said...

I just love you guys!

Taryn said...

I can't beleive today is the day.

I feel everything you wrote here.

I wish with all my heart I was there with you guys.

I love you.

Kevin Kambree and Kinlee Meudt said...

I absolutely adore reading about your life. You are such a beautiful person- seriously I get very teary eyed every post you make. I cant believe what great people your family all are- you are blessing so many people yourself just being who you are.(mainly to me- I learn SO much from your posts)

Good luck to your obviously amazing brother- my brother is out right now and it is hard, but SO rewarding. He will do great and you will all be so blessed for his efforts.

Mickenzie said...

I love you and you inspire me. I tear up when I read your blog and you strengthen my own testimony so much.

Melissa said...

Oh I love you Kyrsten!! You are so amazing with your words and you have no idea how you will inspire people forever....luvs