Thursday, August 12, 2010

His plan.

its amazing how quickly life changes. one minute you think everything is going according to your own plan, and then its not.

i feel like the month of july has shown me how out of control i really am. never in my wildest dreams would i have imagined everything that has happened in the past two weeks.

my plan: finish the summer selling pest control in salt lake city. move back to pocatello and into the grove apartments with lots of fun really fun couples and continue with another semester at ISU. find a job- maybe substitute teaching. continue visiting my parents, eating my moms food and rubbing my dads back. and just keep going with everything.

His plan: summer ended very early. my dad passed away much sooner than anyone expected. i know he has been sick for a long time and we all knew it was going to happen eventually, but i never would have guessed that it would happen now. when my mom called me that wednesday to tell me she took my dad to the er, i just thought it was another 'thing' and he would pop out of it. he has since october of 2006- why not now? we have been in pocatello or with family since then.

after my dad passed away, we decided it would be best if we moved in with my mom. not very expected but im so thankful we chose to. we moved all of our stuff on tuesday.

an hour after i called my landlords to see if we could get out of our contract i got a phone call..
in may i applied for an internship for what i thought would be the summer... after a long wait and and thinking i had no chance, i got that phone call telling me YES i got it.

the internship is for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. i will be working in their web design department.

the internship is for 6 months... after realizing that this internship would require me to take an entire year off of school (which we already took off last semester too) i decided to ask if they could postpone it. it is so amazing how i can see Heavenly Father's hand in my life right now. thankfully my new boss completely understood and told me he would love to see me in january.

so for now we will go to school and in january we will be moving to salt lake again. another blessing in this too, is that since it will be a new year, he said the internship could probably be extended even longer.

a few days after this phone call we got another one. sams mom told us that his grandma was given only a few days to live. we are heading to california tomorrow to say goodbye and attend another funeral.

i have been feeling so overwhelmed with life. but at the same time i feel like im not making any of the decisions. Heavenly Father is directing it all. i know he is. and i feel calm. i feel like no matter what happens it will be for the best. although nothing is going according to my plan, it is going according to His. and its for the best. and all i can do is laugh and have faith that it is His plan.

{thank you for all your love by the way. we couldnt get through this without everyone.}

x0x0

14 comments:

Ani said...

Sounds like He really does have a plan for you. Comforting, right?

Sometimes it is hard to see the plan in the midst of it all.

We will see you in Sacramento in a few days.

Jess Heather CK and Shay said...

I love you Kyrsten..your Dad sounded like such an amazing man. It's amazing how Heavenly Father's plan for us will at times take sudden unexpected turns, but He is there with us through it all. Stay strong. You inspire me so very much, and I love you so much! Talk to you soon, you are in my prayers daily :)

MyrLynn said...

The past 2 yrs of my life I am reminded of a line in a song, "If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans". Congrats on the Intership, it will be a wonderful experience for you! I know some people that were really looking forward to being your neighbors!:(

Taryn said...

It all works out. That is something Ryan (and Dad) always tell me. Usually I fail to listen, but in the end it is oh so true. I love you and am SOOOO proud of you. You are one of the strongest, most talented, beautiful women I know. THanks for being the best!

Brad, Charlsie and Our Little Monkey said...

Congratulations on the internship, that will be an awesome experience. You and Sam are amazing. You both have such an awesome attitude during an extremely difficult time. I can't even imagine how it would be. You are a great example to all of us.

Ty and Em said...

YAY! I am so glad that they are willing to postpone until January! I'm sure that is a big relief. So sorry about Sam's grandma. I was thinking of your dad a lot today, for some reason. Maybe it was because all the Hansens were coming over for me to force feed them "Swiss Family Robinson". I know he would have been a good sport about it and watched it anyway. Love you, Kyrst! Let me know if there's anything you need or that I can help with!

Heidi Tanner said...

We are thinking of you during this hard time, and from reading your posts, it is apparent that Heavenly Father is mindful of you too! we are so glad we got to know you and wish you the best in all you do!

Mickenzie said...

If anyone can handle lifes curve balls with a smile it's you. I hope you know I have been thinking about you and I'm excited about all the opportunities coming your way. I know you will go so far in life and do so many great things. You're amazing!!!

Melissa said...

You're amazing Kyrsten. I look up to you so much. I'm so excited that you are going to work for the Church! Your many talents will be put to great work there. Life is crazy how quickly plans can change or even disappear. I feel kind of like I don't even have a plan, which is a first for me. Keep hanging in there and know that lots of people are pulling for you and thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Love you! You're an awesome example of faith!!

The Larsons said...

Wow..it does sound like you are living a whirlwind! I am so happy you can see the good and understand that it IS HEAVENLY FATHER. I say to myself some days..Heavenly Father doesn't give you anything you CAN'T handle. HAng in there. You are such a great example to everyone!

Rasmussen's said...

I love you Tig! You are such an inspiration! You truly are an amazing woman! Love Sylv

The Millers said...

You have such a great attitude. Aren't we lucky we have such a great person to be working out our plans.

Liz said...

Wow your life is crazy right now. I am so sorry about your dad. I am grateful for your testimony. More than that I am grateful for the knowledge that He does have a plan and even when it hurts he provides a way. I know that families can be together forever and I know that gives me comfort everyday. Best of luck with your internship and congrats on that!