Wednesday, October 27, 2010

do not fear.

i read this quote last night and find it to be incredibly applicable to the time that i find myself and many others {whom i love} in.


"[Today's children] will see many events transpire in the course of their lifetime. Some of these shall tax their courage and extend their faith. But if they seek prayerfully for help and guidance, they shall be given power over adverse things. Such trials shall not be permitted to stand in the way of their progress, but instead shall act as stepping-stones to greater knowledge."


this talk is called "Do Not Fear" and is by President Boyd K. Packer.

amazing.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Thanks Kyrst! What an excellent quote! I don't know what I would do without encouraging words from such inspired people. Their words are sometimes just what I need to hear to get through the day.
I hope that you're well. I love you!

Melissa said...

What a great quote. Speaking of quotes, I read one the other day that I felt I should share with you. I hesitated because I don't want to make you sad, but I thought you still should hear it:

"A few years before [mother] passed away, she was diagnosed with cancer, a disease she fought with great courage. As a family we learned, strangely enough, that cancer is a disease of love. It provides opportunities to mend fences, say goodbyes, and express love."

~Elder Steven E. Snow. Nov. 2007~

Taryn said...

That is a great quote K! It makes me think of Alice. I am so sad for her right now, but I know the Lord is in charge and He knows what is best. I also liked that quote Melissa shared, thank you!