Monday, May 18, 2009

a river baptism.

i have had such a wonderful time with the tuttle family this week!
like i said in my previous post, most of the family and i had never met until now, so its been quite a fun adventure.
the wedding of sams cousin jill and her-now-husband michael was beautiful. everything was perfect and the reception was absolutley gorgeous. i have never seen a reception like that.
they ordered 0ne-th0usand white roses from equador!~ wow
saturday morning we decided it was time for some adventure...
sams uncles own a white water rafting boat, and we decided we would have a fun float down the south fork of the american river! what awesome rapids! we only floated the upper part because we had limited time, but HOLY CRAP!
we had a blast!
here we are enjoying the nice(not huge looking in the pictures, but its decieving) troublemaker rapid...
oh where did the boat go?


here we are!
sams cousin amy's perky head was sticking out

and now we are coming out of the wave.

oh no! where did kyrsten go?



oh THERE SHE IS! in the water i went

it took me about 15 seconds to get pulled back into the boat. i was holding on for dear life to sams cousin kents life jacket (hes the one in front of me)
i almost pulled him in... breathed in a little water... freaked out a little bit, wacked myself in the face with my paddle, and then got scooped up by sams uncle jeff!
and back into the boat i went.
we had so much fun!
i have officially decided that sam WILL learn to guide a raft
and someday...
we WILL own our own boat... anyone want to pitch in a little $green$?

11 comments:

Mickenzie said...

Oh geez you are brave that looks a little scary to me

Anonymous said...

WOW you're brave! :) I almost died floating down the river at Lava! lol

Yeah, we're in our house already. We love it!

Vince and Ashley said...

Haha, I laughed out loud when I saw that picture "where did Kyrsten go" and then the after it! That looks like a lot of fun!!

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

How fun! I'm jealous! I love to go white water rafting. I'm glad you had fun.

spencerandmolly said...

holy crap i would have been freaked out. whenever we go white water rafting i am terrified of falling out. glad you're still alive

Taryn said...

Thanks for not drowning. Love, Taryn

Taig said...

hmm..
you have danger written all over you.

love you.
- glad to see your face these days.

Ani said...

HOLY CRAP! We were going to come, but I kinda chickened out because I didn't want to FALL IN!!!! I have only been once and it was kinda crazy. Matt assured me in all the times he has gone down the river, no one has ever fallen out!
AHHH!
After I showed him this and he clarified, "Well, I mean I had never fallen out!"
I am glad you were ok!

WeBeR FaM said...

That looks way fun! A little scary that you fell out! I know I haven't talked to you in forever! School has been crazy and I am going 40 hours a week right now doing clinicals! It is getting old! haha! How is everything going for you? I will definitely do an update soon...I am a slacker!

Joni said...

Hey Kyrst, I thought I better write on your blog since I did on Taryns. Haha. Hey I had fun today running errands with you. I am glad you had fun in California and I am glad your home. The white water rafting though, I don't know. It was probably good I wasn't there. I think I would have freaked out and dove in after you and then I would have drowned. It scared me when we went with Chelsie and her mom in Jackson. Love ya, Mom

Liesel said...

KYRSTEN!! I have to show you pictures of all the little crafty things that I've gotten myself into. You would be so PROUD!