Tuesday, July 15, 2008

4th of July weekend.. I know its a little late!

Well, the 4th of July weekend was alot of fun! Sam and the boys were told that if they worked a little bit on the 4th, than they would get the next Monday off! So we decided sure, work till' 1:00 on the fourth and have a half day, then have a half day Saturday, and get Sunday and Monday OFF! So we worked with that plan, and the boys worked until 1:00 on Friday, and then we headed to the White Sox vs. Athletics game! Needless to say the Sox got WORKED! It was really fun though, to see a game on the 4th and enjoy the big FIREWORKS that went along with it! Because the game was honoring those men and women who have fought or are currently fighting for our Country, they passed out free CAMO hats! They were pretty cool! Tar thought that I just bought those ones specifically! :) She said that she thought it was an odd choice, but she was going with it.... look at what Ryan has done to her! :) just kidding i love ya! WE also got some free black fishing looking hats! so thats where all the cool hats we're all wearing came from! Also, we decided to take advantage of the rest of the weekend off and headed to Nauvoo! That was my third time going, but its amazing how much there is to do there! Everytime I go I am able to enjoy something new and beautiful! While we were there, we were able to do a temple session and afterwards went down to see the baptismal font! While we were down there, the temple workers asked us if we wanted to stay and do some baptisms! What a wonderful experience it was to be able to be in a place that has such significance in the history of our church! While we spent time in Nauvoo the word SACRIFICE seemed to be the topic among all of the missionaries that talked to us. And how true it is! So much sacrifice was made on all of our behalf! Some of those members only lived in their homes for 60 days before they were asked to leave everything and head west. What courage and faith those people had! I can't imagine being asked to sacrifice everything in the bitter cold and just leave... What an example they are to me in my life of love for our Father in Heaven. I hope that if I am ever asked to sacrifice even half of what they did, that I will do it with a happy heart and have faith like they did! It was a wonderful weekend to not only reflect on those who have fought for our freedoms and our country, but to also reflect upon those who sacrificed for our religion and our God! What a wonderful time I had over the 4th! me and sam, jaylyn and andy, jonny and katie

the girls
making rope?
they are "strained" to be there
A little CreePY
the best firework shot i got! :)
He is so CUTE looking at the Fireworks!




they let balloons go during the National Anthem
Some of the clan






















3 comments:

Taryn said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Your pics are really cute (I liked your white scarf thing you bought when we were there!) You're the cutest!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you have a blog. I love reading about the fun times you are having, and it's so fun seeing pictures of my darling grandbaby, Khy.

Diesta said...

Oh Im so glad you found me now I can keep tabs on you , you guys are so cute !!! Tell your mom Hi from us -K- and Ill be checking your blog !!!