Thursday, June 25, 2009

a few things.

ok i know its only been a day since my last post, but sometimes a girl just has to talk. and when im sitting at home by myself all day everyday (dont worry i am not complaining) and my mom is at girls camp for a week so i cant call her... i just have to blog. and im happy about it.

first of all. taryn called me today to inform me that MICHAEL JACKSON has died. wow. weird. i have loved michael jackson for a long time. im not defending his creepiness... but he was a pretty talented guy. yes kind of a shmuck. but a talented guy. so i guess i just wanted to say WEIRD. and thats all. (should i be more reverent about it?)

secondly. i dont know if i have told you all about my favorite place here in fairfax. if not it is a wonderful WALMART sized THRIFT STORE. oh my goodness. HEAVEN! im not kidding either. it is seriously amazing. if you are contemplating coming to visit me this summer DO IT, just for this thrift store. no joke.

here are some of my prized purchases.

a nice dress. i know it doesnt look very fabulous hanging from my closet door, but i am going to do a little bit of re-vamping and next time you see a picture of it, it will be darling! and on my hot bod. :)
cost-less than $5.00


such a cute little wooden chair. this is the before shot. as soon as i put a new color of paint on it i will show you the finished product. cost-$2.00
sam and i didnt bring out any dishes. he just bought me the sweet lime green plastic ones. so i bought a couple of these little beauties for serving plates. cost- 40 cents.
love this blanket. it is so cute. and although i was a little tentative about buying a used blanket, i couldnt get over how cute the pattern was. and after a few washes, its perfect. cost- $5.25
in my vacation post you saw me wearing lots of scarves on my head these are them. i love them and wear them very frequently. cost- around $1.50 each.
these knobs will be really cute on something... i dont quite know what yet, but they were hooks to hold up a shower curtain but someday i will transform them into being something else! cost- 12 for $1.97


third. i just wanted to show you these little beauties. i love fresh flowers and these little poms are perfect adorning my kitchen table.


much love to you all.
until next time.
x0x0

8 comments:

Melissa said...

OK..now is it just ironic that I clicked on your blog because it said that you updated 2 days ago and lo and behold you updated just barely with my favorite post EVER!! I love all of your purchases and I'm extremely jealous...yes...extremely!

spencerandmolly said...

okay i LOVE Thrift store shopping. I just may have to post my finds at this sweet thrift store I went to the other day. I have thought about coming ALL day today. I'm trying to decide what to do. but your little thrift store just might have been the ticket. adorable finds. i love your style.

stephani said...

haha KYR it was about newlyweds buying homes and having babies before they are legally able to gamble, along with my frustrations on those subjects...and it didn't make too many people happy :)

except maybe myself.

spencerandmolly said...

okay sorry i'm annoying but i was just looking at flights. is five days to long without overstaying my welcome??? oh and how far away is the baltimore airport?

Mickenzie said...

Oh my gosh I love love love that blanket so cute

Erin_C said...

what is it about mom's going to girls camp and THATS right when you want to talk to them non-stop? ironic.

CAN'T WAIT so see your "after" pictures;-)

Taryn said...

So try not to buy out the whole store before I get there, okay? And sad day about Micheal.

The Thompsons said...

ahhhhh...i LOVE michael jackson! i have his greatest hits dvd..we can watch it together! seriously who is a better dancer then him! cool stuff you bought there!