Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Vintage & ROCKIN

Ive recently had a development of gloom and boredom come over me in regards to the decorations in my house.... ALthough I've only been married for a year, therefore I've only had these decorations for a year... I'm just ready for something NEW and ReFRESHING... In fact... I'm ready for a NEW HOUSE... MY OWN HOUSE! ha thats something to laugh about. So until then... I decided to do a little shopping and REVAMPING. 
I love Vintage Stores... EVerything about them.. except sometimes they can be a little spendy.. so i rarely enter one expecting to buy anything... A few days ago my luck turned completely around! I found these Beauties!!! I love them. THey are a white glass lamp for $6.00! what a steal of a deal! They dont have shades on them yet... so i need to do a little shopping before I show you the finished product.. what do you think?
Next, I have a crazy amount of picture frames from my wedding, but hardly any of them are being used. they sit in my basement in a tote. Well a few days ago I decided i now want to add some orange accents to our living room so... I painted! :) they are pretty orange, but i dont know... i think i like them! I took some black frames that had pictures of chairs that were used for our wedding, and painted them green and orange! The pictures inside i think are pretty cool! I have an old advertising book from the 60's, with millions of awesome ads inside. I cut some of them up and put them in my frames.. I think these will go above my window...

7 comments:

spencerandmolly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
spencerandmolly said...

I love thrift stores and vintage stuff! next time you go call me, my house needs a little sprucing too! i painted an big mirror orange the other day. I love that color. i agree we totally need to hang out!!

Brandon and Brianne said...

fun ideas!! i really like all of it! Cant wait to see it all finished up.

WeBeR FaM said...

Those look way cute! They are really good ideas. I need you to come help at my house....!

Unknown said...

You are so creative! Good for you.

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

look at you being crafty! Those lamps are cool looking. I can't wait to see them all finished.

Michelle said...

cute stuff! Antique and vintage are so fun-- you have great talent! thanks for sharing your cute ideas.