Monday, February 21, 2011

Fear Not




The past few months have been some of the most uncertain and scary months of my life. I have been introduced to new and strange experiences that I never thought I would encounter.

No one ever expects to loose someone they care for. Even if he has been fighting a monstrous disease for a very long time

No one expects to have their plans change so quickly and before they know it finding themselves in a new state doing something that they feel completely inadequate to do.

We may understand that changes will be thrown at us, but who really expects them to actually happen?

I have felt an extensive amount of discomfort in not knowing what the future holds. I have been overwhelmed with the vast scope of my weaknesses.

I’ve been afraid, not because there isn’t a solution to my seemingly gigantic challenges, but because I haven’t been looking for the right solution to those problems.

The solution I haven’t been looking for is the Savior’s atonement. I was sent an email from a co-worker the other day entitled ‘Fear Not’ by Elder Tad R Callister. This email wasn’t intended for only me or for the problems that I am facing, but really it was for ME and for MY problems. It was exactly what I needed to hear. Read it- you will LOVE it.

Heavenly Father truthfully knows us. He IS listening to everything we say. He can feel our sorrow and knows our weakness and has promised that if we trust him our seemingly unsolvable problems will always have a solution.

The challenges I am facing are not earth shattering, they are not unconquerable, and truthfully they are miniscule compared to what others are facing.

They may feel gigantic to me, but it isn’t because they really are, it’s because I’m not looking at them with an eternal perspective.

“Fear not… For with God nothing shall be impossible.”(Luke 1:30, 37)

The challenges I face with life don’t have to be scary, because I know that no matter what a solution that will be for my benefit will come out of each situation I am placed in.

In relief society on Sunday our closing song what hymn # 270 “I’ll Go Where You Want Me to Go”. Holy smokes it hit me like a ton of bricks.

“It may not be on the mountain height or over the stormy sea, it may not be at the battle’s front my Lord will have need of me. But if by a still, small voice he calls to path that I do not know, I’ll answer dear Lord, with my hand in thine: I’ll go where you want me to go….. So trusting my all to thy tender care, and knowing thou lovest me, I’ll do thy will with a heart sincere: I’ll be what you want me to be.”

Sam and I have been faced with quite a few decisions as of late in determining where our future will lead us. Our bishop said something pretty neat that has also made me realize that Heavenly Father is on our side and that he will make things go the way they need to go. He said, “As long as you are doing what you are supposed to, those things that should happen will fall into place and the rest will fall out of your life.” So great to be reminded yet again that I’m not in charge, but if I put my faith in the atonement it is all going to work out.

Life is good. I love my internship. I still have SOOO much to learn, but I’m here for a reason and I’m excited to find out what it is.

5 comments:

spencerandmolly said...

you are awesome. you are awesome. you are awesome.

i love you. if only we (because i'm sure a billion other people agree) could be half as strong as you. sending happy thoughts your way.

Taryn said...

Thanks for your post today. Made me cry. Everyone can benefit from your words because everyone is trying to find their way. There are always decisions to be made and there will always be trials that are hard and confusing. Thank goodness we have an all knowing and loving Father in Heaven to help us! Love you sis!

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing this Kyrsten! I feel similarly- like there are so many decisions and the future is scary and uncertain, so this was a good reminder for me too! I'm glad you're liking your internship. I bet it (and they) like you back :)

WeBeR FaM said...

You are amazing! You are an inspiration to me! I love reading your posts:)

Chase and Janessa said...

Hey girl! I miss you so much! When are you coming to visit?? I hope you are doing well and I'm sure you are awesome at your job! Talk to you soon!