Wednesday, February 3, 2010

the secret life of bees.

i watched this movie this weekend and tonight realized how much i am like a character from this movie. do you remember may boatwright played by sophie okonedo? if you have seen this movie she is the one that mourns for the world. in the movie if she ever hears of something in the least bit upsetting, she is set off and has to go to her "wailing wall" to mourn.

i am her.

i cry often. too often in fact.

somehow, somewhere along the line of my life i like to think i learned sympathy. lately though- maybe the past year i have felt myself become more sensitive than usual.

and i cry.

there are many people that i know that are struggling with sickness, distress, heartache, and yearning. and i cry for them. i dont exactly understand why i cry so much… i know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and that we have a living God who knows what is going on in our lives and blesses us even still.

yet i cry.

im so grateful for the temple and especially for the opportunity that we have to pray for others. what a blessing it is to participate in such a glorious blessing.

im not mad that i cry, in fact im thankful that i do. im thankful that i am able to "mourn with those that mourn and (hopefully) comfort those that stand in need of comfort". even though i cry i understand that we all must endure trials and heartache to grow and "overcome the world"

and im thankful.

to all of you out there who are struggling with personal and family trials, my thoughts are turned to you and i love you. please know that there are people thinking of you and praying for you.

and its ok to cry.
if you ever need someone to cry with you my tear ducts open quite easily :)

x0x0

i leave for idaho again tomorrow (or today since its 3 am). its very bittersweet. i miss my sweetheart, but my im going to miss little stella too. :/

10 comments:

Melissa said...

you are the sweetest ever! Those tear ducts just get worse and worse the older you get and the more babies you have! :)

Kasi Lee said...

You are one amazing person! I am so glad you watched the movie--the book is wonderful too! Good luck with your travels this semester--enjoy the time off!

Jess Heather CK and Shay said...

I love that book..it's one of my favorites! And there is nothing wrong with crying! you wouldn't believe how much I cry!! I wish we were closer so we could be bawl babies together! haha :) I love you

Taryn said...

Love you May Boatwright :) And little Stella loves you too. She already can't wait to see you again! Thanks so much for coming out and helping me! You guys are the best sisters and Mom anyone could ask for!!

Aimee Ward said...

Kyrsten dont worry i have the same problem and after my mish it got even worse. i will be driving down the road and think of something or see someone and will be in tears not just tears but to the point i have snot coming out of my nose!

Joni said...

Hey Kyrstie I always knew I called you Kyrstie Mae for a reason. It is good to have a wailing wall. I think I need to let it out a little more. But I am afraid I might not stop and get really dehydrated. I love yo and thanks for being such a great aunt. You and Taigen were perfect with stella.

stephani said...

I sure love ya Kyrst. I appreciate you..you are such a good friend! I hope you enjoy the show! What night are you coming? We have three days to pull it together! I hope it turns out alright!

Brandon and Brianne said...

so this is why you never text me back like a day or two ago haha... I was like hmm I am missing Kyrsten so I wonder if that crazy lady has started her adventure with that hubby of hers... so how are things?? my # is 303-335-6180- lets get together...ps everytime I see new pics of your stella my heart melts! she is darling- i need to see more of my stella... haha loves

Brandon and Brianne said...

when I said lets get together I more meant lets chat... but come here and we will get together ok!

Aimee Ward said...

Hey Kyrst
Well life is good for me. i am just going the school thing. Getting married maybe one day. My missionary just got home a few weeks ago so got to give him time to get back to the real world and be a little normal. Besides that all is well i just work a ton and go to school. Yes and i blog stock ppl so i know whats going on in the world around me. Sounds like you are going awesome and thanks so much for writting back it was great to hear from you!